Friday, April 19, 2013

A Plea

Dear Schoolwork,

Please just go away.

I know we only have two more weeks together, but those are exactly 14 days longer than I can tolerate.

I've been a fantastic student all year.  Hours and hours every day locked in the basement with an egg timer and a stack of books.  We've had some good times together, but it's time for you to leave.




Anatomy class, you can stick around if you like.  You were easy and fun and interesting.  Let's hang out in college okay?

Oh geometry.  Geometry.  Why do you hate me so?  Why are you necessary?  I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I will never be a civil engineer.  Why doth the government require me to take you?  Your proofs and your transformations and your evil habit of bringing back algebra I never really learned.   We are never ever getting back together.

Chemistry, you aren't that bad.  What a pleasant surprise.  Your evil twin, College Chemistry, lurks in the shadows, but for now Chemistry, you are tolerable.  But your little sister, Chem Lab, makes me write alllll these lab reports, and they are stacking up and growling at me.  Why do they hate me so?

College Prep Writing.  Our relationship has been rocky.  Moments of triumph and moments of despair.  I've learned a lot about my skills and my interests and about what writing really truly IS.  But I wrote your seven page research paper already.  It's time for you to go off and chat with Poe or something.  Leave me alone?  Please?



Your little senior,
Eliza



1 comment: